Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Signs you might be traveling too much

1. You call an airline and the agent says 'wow, you have so many flights coming up!'

2. You're not sure when you'll have time to renew your passport because you'll be traveling internationally every 1-2 months the rest of the year.

I recently found out that as a US Citizen you can have 2 passports.  2 US passports.  Not 1 US and another country's passport.

https://passportinfo.com/second-passport/

These are the conditions for getting a 2nd US passport:

  • You have two upcoming international trips, with visas required for the second trip, or
  • You have Israel stamps in your passport and have travel planned to a country that may deny entry, such as Iran or Syria.

So it seems like I don't qualify since while I have about 6 international trips booked, none of them require a visa and I've never been to Israel.

For me personally, I think I should try to expedite getting one between early July and early September when I have about a 2 month gap between trips.  Actually now that I think about it, my September trip to Panama is actually more of a trip to Miami.  I land in Panama City then one hour later board the same plane back to Miami so I won't even need to go through immigration in Panama.

However, now that I think about it more, I'll need a passport on the US side to even get on the plane I think.  It's late and I'm tired, going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment