Thursday, June 30, 2016

Instantaneous posting of Amex MR points to Singapore Krisflyer!

So normally it seems like it takes about 24-36 hours for Amex MR points to post to Singapore Airlines and that was my experience the last time I transferred points a couple of months ago.

Tonight I transferred some more points and I'm happy to report that when I just checked a couple of hours later, the points were already in my Singapore account.

As a side note, this was to add a flight for my girlfriend who'll be traveling with me to Asia.  And as such, I'm changing my flight from SFO to HKG to start from LAX to ICN (Seoul).  The reason for this is that there is only waitlist Saver First Class award space on the flight to HKG for the 2nd seat while on the LAX-ICN flight there are 2 seats open in Saver First Class.  Even though on the HKG flight there are 8 seats in the cabin while the ICN flight only has 4 seats with 1 already being taken.

And why does a shorter flight to ICN (12.83hrs) cost more in miles vs a longer HKG flight? (15.5 hrs)

No comments:

Post a Comment